“I believe in fostering and nurturing connections and not contacts”
This is an emphatic proclamation by MJF Lion CA Sunil Patodia, the Council Chairperson of Multiple District 3231 for the Lions year 2018-19.
He further adds that by a contact you know the person only formally. But when you build connections, you form a relationship, a powerful bond and an oneness which lasts till eternity.
Now we know the secret of Sunil Patodia’s popularity in our fraternity.
The attributes that he imbibed and the upbringing that he received from his parent has developed him into a humane individual who is admired and acknowledged.
Born on 1st May, 1968, after completing his graduation in commerce from Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan University, his only Choice and desire was to become a Chartered Accountant. He therefore came to Mumbai in 1988 and joined the well-known chartered accountant firm S K Jhunjhunwala where he completed his articleship.
Having created a niche for himself, in every field that he delved in, Sunil Patodia has principled his life on the ancient thoughts of Tao which says “Choose a job you love and you won’t have to work a day” because then the work becomes a worship and a satisfying pleasure.
With much enthusiasm in the financial domain, He formed his firm S K Patodia & Associated in the year 1992. Currently, the firm has:
• 14 Full time partners
• 24 branches across country in 12 states
• An International office located in Dubai.
Simplicity personified, humility writ large on his face, an infectious shy smile, a habitual gentleman to the core and an unassuming personality are some of the sparkling characteristics which are vividly pronounced and assimilated in his very being.
He also played a pivotal role in establishing two iconic listed entities in the finance and hospitality verticals such as:
• Choice International Limited
• The Byke Hospitality Limited
Both of these firms are located at the heart of Andheri East, Mumbai at the commercial corporate house that accommodates more than 500 employees which goes by the name Choice House, Shree Shakambhari Corporate Park.
He is also attached with CA fraternity & has been a vigorous member of The Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI). He has always strived in working for the development of the same. He has served as:
• WIRC – Chairman for the year 2015 – 16
• WIRC – Secretary for the year 2007 – 08
• The member of WIRC since 2007
CA Sunil Patodia joined the glorious movement of Lionism in the year 2000.
Steadfastly, he rose and made an impact at every stage, sphere and ladder in Lionism. During this tenure:
• Unanimously endorsed for the office International Director at 2nd Annual Dist Convention, Dist 3231 A3
• Unanimously elected as the Multiple District Chairperson, 3231 for the year 2018 – 19
• First Governor of District 3231 A3 for the Lions year 2017 – 18
• Unanimously elected as the Second Vice District Governor in 2015 – 16 of district 323 A3
While coining the slogan, it occurred to Sunil Patodia that if one is refrained or restrained from completing a task, then one should adopt a method which is away from the routine. It should be unique, unattempt and fresh mode to achieve success. Then you will become a game changer and thus slogan for his year was coined as BE A GAME CHANGER.
Sunil Patodia collaborated with Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences to educate more than 5,000 adivaasi students to train and educate under the Lions Choice KISS Residential School to give world class education from KG to PG with meals for 4 times summing up to 20,000 meals per day with the project cost of 65 crores. This project shall solve the problem of malnutrition also in this area.
During his Governorship, there are some notable happenings that are mentioned as under:
• 27 new clubs coupled with highest membership growth of 4087 with the net growth of 2209 as per LCI
• 4603 district activities were conducted with 24,89,417 individuals were served.
• Rs 47.89 crores was raised as against 53 crores were distributed as donations
• Over 214033 Lion hours were served
• Contributed to LCIF US$ 98750 with 70 new MJF’s
• In the health cornerstone, 134 diabetes check-up camps were conducted. 734 cataract surgeries were steered at a concessional rate. 11300 thalassemia awareness and detection campaigns were conducted.
• He also managed to start with First Annual District Convention having a record-breaking attendance of 1233 members.
• Monthly GST Seminars & Schooling, Governing Council Meetings were conducted by means of lucky draw system.
• To have sheer transparency, the records of the district accounts were circulated every month.
• The new website for 3231a3.in was launched for easier access to all the lion members about the latest developments & updates
• In the mission for a cleaner tomorrow, LCIF grant for Juhu Lions Club at Mokhada was approved, Swachha Bharat and Swachha Mohalla Abhiyan had taken place along with Toilet Blocks, Dust bins at various Railway Stations.
• During his tenure, the Mercy Mission Funds raised from 35 to 65 lacs.
• Lion of the (day, week, month & quarter) were awarded certificates & silver medal.
• Choice Health Insurance was provided for 10,000 farmers for their financial well being.
CA Sunil Patodia had many awards added to his kitty. With much noteworthy work that had been done in this course of time, he was awarded LION OF THE YEAR for 5 TIMES. To add cherry on the cake he was bestowed 500 member’s supreme key with 15 new club extensions. He was also awarded with 17 district awards at National level whereas 5 International Presidential Medal. CA Sunil Patodia was also honoured with the International Leadership Medal for 3 times.
At the International Convention at Las Vegas on 1-7-2018, CA Sunil Patodia achieved the highest honour of Lionism. He was awarded with the AMBASSADOR OF GOOD WILL award for 2209 membership growth in one single year.
With his constant dedication towards the lion community, he attended 3 International Conventions, 12 Multiple Conventions, 18 Annual district conventions and 3 ISAAME Forums. His dedication was unknown to no – one, that eventually resulted into his unanimous election as Council Chairperson of multiple district 3231 for the lions year 2018-19. He was unanimously endorsed for the office of International District at the 2nd Annual district convention of district 3231 A3 2019.
For a human to be a game changer single handily may at the time become slightly difficult. If your family gives you full faith and supports the flow becomes very smooth. Divinity has blessed Sunil Patodia with the family which shares and cares for his principles, his objects and his dreams.
His spouse MJF Lion Vinita is like his devoted shadow. She waits for his gesture to quickly fulfil any requirement that he may want. Lion Vinita, active Lion member, was zone chairperson in 2014-15. Result of their togetherness the two cubs MJF Lion Shreya, MBA from UK and MJF Lion CA Suyash.
A worthy message from Sunil Patodia: “The Best exercise for your body is when you bend down to help others”.